Monday, September 14, 2015

9.14

Thanks for checking out our blog this week!  Sorry I was MIA last week on this... short week and Curriculum Night took up more of my time than I thought.

Thank you for all the parents who came to Curriculum Night.  It meant a lot to me and your child that you were able to take time out of your busy schedules to learn all about Second Grade.  If you weren't able to make it, your child should have brought home all the information in a Ziploc bag.  Please let me know if you have any questions about anything they may have brought home.  Also- I have contacted many of you by email to set up a parent teacher conference for November if you weren't able to sign up on Curriculum Night.

I have updated all the pages to the right with homework, spelling words and our weekly schedule.  Don't forget that picture day is on Wednesday!

Here's what we are up to this week:

  • Reading- Our Essential Question is "How can a pet be an important friend?" We will be discussing and reading texts about how pets can be good friends to us.  We will also be focusing on asking/answering questions while we read as well as identifying the characters, setting and events of a story.
  • Math- We are finishing up Topic 2 this week and will have our test on Thursday.  The students are doing a great job incorporating the strategies they learn in class to their other work.  I'm very proud of them!
  • Science- We are still learning about Dinosaurs and fossils this week.  The kids are excited to learn more about these creatures that lived so many years ago!
As always... have a great week and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
:) Ms. Petrucci

No comments:

Post a Comment